Find A Wife Abroad&Spouses of U.S. People
As a whole, you may be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(a) associated with the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if your
- Have now been a permanent resident (Green Card owner) for at the least three years
- Have already been located in marital union using the exact same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
- Meet all other eligibility demands under this area
In a few instances, partners of U.S. residents used abroad may be eligible for a naturalization aside from their time as permanent residents. These partners may qualify under area 319(b) of this INA.
For information associated with spouses of army people, see our people of the Military and their loved ones web page. Additionally for information on being a resident that is permanent petitioning for household members, please visit our Green Card or Family websites.
General Eligibility Demands
To qualify for naturalization pursuant to section 319(a) of this INA, an applicant must:
- Be 18 or older
- Be described as a permanent resident (Green Card owner) for at the very least 36 months straight away preceding the date of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Have now been located in marital union aided by the U.S. resident partner, that has been a U.S. resident during every one of such duration mail order wife, throughout the three years immediately preceding the date of filing the applying or over until assessment in the application
- Have lived in the state, or USCIS region with jurisdiction throughout the place that is applicant’s of, for at the very least three months before the date of filing the application form
- Have actually continuous residence in america as a lawful permanent resident for at minimum three years instantly preceding the date of filing the application form
- Live constantly inside the united states of america from the date of application for naturalization through to the right time of naturalization
- Be physically contained in the usa for at the very least 18 months out from the 3 years straight away preceding the date of filing the program
- Have the ability to read, compose, and talk English and now have knowledge and a knowledge of U.S. history and federal government (also referred to as civics)
- Be an individual of good character that is moral connected to the maxims associated with the Constitution of this united states of america, and well disposed towards the good purchase and pleasure regarding the united states of america during all appropriate periods beneath the legislation
Partners of U.S. People Employed Abroad
Generally speaking, the partner of the U.S. resident that is utilized by the U.S. federal government, like the armed forces, or other qualifying manager, whose partner is planned become stationed abroad this kind of work for at the very least 12 months during the time of filing, are qualified to receive naturalization under area 319(b) for the INA.
Generally speaking, a partner of a U.S. resident employed abroad must certanly be contained in the usa pursuant to a legal admission for permanent residence during the time of assessment in the naturalization application as well as the full time of naturalization, and meet of all the demands mentioned above except that:
- No particular duration being a permanent resident (Green Card owner) is needed (however the partner should be a permanent resident)
- No particular amount of continuous residence or presence that is physical the usa is necessary
- No certain amount of marital union is needed; but, the partners must certanly be in a legitimate marriage at enough time of filing before the time of naturalization.
Note: you need to also establish which you will leave abroad just after naturalization and that you would like to live in the usa straight away upon the termination of one’s spouse’s work abroad.